Friday, May 1, 2009

Virtual Feeling

In terms of the context of virtual feeling, this song, at least personally, plumbs some of my deepest depths. At first I feel relax and buoyed by the bobbing introduction. But then as the sonic space makes room and that first line comes in I become disconcerted me and takes the wind out of my sails. It anguished me to think about having to say to someone that I do love that that may not always be the case. But the music seems to continue oblivious to what is being said and is what anchors us. But as each line comes along and then pauses, I start regaining my initial cheer. The chorus makes me exhale and think about how lucky I am to have known the very few and special people who have shaped me. But this daydream feeling is interrupted by the break that makes me snap back and pay attention. But I slip back and a montage seems roll in my head as sweet vocals interplay around my ears. Then the vocals remind me that, seriously, I wouldn’t know what to do without these people. Then any qualms are washed away as voices everywhere tell me how lucky I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment